This year has been a banner year for us. In 2022, the Refugee Translation Project:
- Translated documents for 128 immigration cases, most of which were asylum cases, which involved approximately 319 individuals.
- Covered the entire cost of 31 of these cases, two of which have already received positive outcomes: an asylum grant for a woman from Cameroon and a family reunification approval for a family from Turkey.
- Translated evidence for 8 Title 42 exemption humanitarian parole cases that IRAP was representing, all of which were successful.
- Provided interpretation support to 3 IRAP clinics, which provided legal consultation to over 200 Afghan refugees.
- Has been actively creating a Spanish version of InReach’s online resource catalog for LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and immigrants.
- Translated 4 health pamphlets into Dari and Pashto for newly arrived members of the Afghan community.
- Translated a comprehensive resource guide into Ukrainian and Russian at the start of the war to help people fleeing Ukraine.
- Worked with IRAP to translate Family Reunification Guides to France, Germany, and Sweden into Dari, Pashto, and Spanish to help refugees reunite with their loved ones.
- Translated 6 new Special Immigrant Visa guides and updated 8 existing SIV guides for IRAP to help Afghan refugees navigate the visa process.
- Translated Immigrant Defense Project’s Know Your Rights materials in Arabic, French, Russian and Urdu, and their ICE Out! campaign in Arabic and French to help protect NYC communities.
- Formed new partnerships with 9 organizations: Bellevue Program for Survivors of Torture, Centro Legal de la Raza, Church World Service, Community Refugee & Immigration Services (CRIS), Emma’s Torch, InReach, Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center, Legal Aid Society, and TakeRoot Justice.
THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Refuge Translation Project in 2022 and in previous years! We wish you all the best in the new year.